Valentine D.I.Y. Day #4 by: Pamela Chakides, Design Intern
This flower petal paper mache piñata, by Brooke Reynolds at Inchmark, is a great addition to any party and is super easy and fun to make. It’s a great way to add some flare to your Valentine’s Day party. Creating this flower pinata also gives you the chance to show off your artistic side by adding different colors, designs and textures.
All you will need is:
- Pink tissue paper (or color of choice)
- Soccer ball piñata
- Party favors
- Purchase a soccer ball piñata (or any round shaped piñata) and pull off all of the black tissue paper, which makes up the soccer ball, so you are left with a white, round piñata.
- Next, cut out semi-circles in the shape of petals and attach them in rows on to the piñata.
- Fill the piñata with your choice of party favors: candy hearts, Valentine’s or heart shaped confetti are all great ideas to have pour out of this great piñata you made.
- Finally, hang your piñata with the ribbon or string and hit away!
**Making your own stick to hit the piñata is a super cute idea to add to your party as well! **