We recently had a guest at a party call us a week later and ask for this recipe. We figured we’d share it with y’all as well. This dinner makes for a great summertime pasta dish- do the shrimp on the grill and go light on the cream sauce and serve with a panzanella or garden salad with a light vinaigrette.
Duvall’s Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
1/8 lb of butter
1/8 lb All Purpose Flour
½ qt heavy cream
½ qt whole milk
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup roasted garlic puree
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Melt Butter in sauce pot and sauté onions until translucent
2. Add White wine and cook until nearly evaporated
3. Add flour and cook while stirring for 3 minutes over medium heat
4. Add ½ qt of milk and whisk until smooth whisk in the rest of the liquid and season with salt and pepper to taste
5. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce to low heat and cook until thickened. Approximately 20 minutes.
6. Stir in roasted garlic puree and re-season if needed.
7. Add chopped, jarred roasted red peppers and sautéed or grilled shrimp!