1. The Peak Seasons– Spring and fall are the most popular seasons for low country nuptials. From late March to early June, the cool spring breeze and colorful fragrant blossoms create a bright and lively setting for outdoor I Do’s. September and October prove to be just as popular with the warmth of summer still lingering, the roasting and shucking of oysters, and the excitement of the holiday events just around the corner.
2. The Weather– From extreme levels of humidity to unexpected summer showers, Charleston weather can certainly be a challenge. Although the exact timing of weather patterns can be unpredictable, researching records from the past years can give a little insight while planning. Click here to learn more about Charleston’s Average Weather!
3. Where to Stay– With such a long list of options, searching for lodging for yourself and wedding guests can be a daunting task. Those interested in the historic culture and night life may prefer downtown on the Peninsula, which offers a variety of over 100 bars and restaurants, unique boutique shopping, and live entertainment. For those looking for an oceanfront getaway, a handful of islands surrounding the Peninsula boast beautiful beaches and define the idea of coastal living. Want to experience both? No problem, all destinations within Charleston are no more than a 30 minute car ride from each other! Visit the Charleston CVB for Recommendations!
4. How to Get Around– This can be a concern for Charleston destination weddings and locals alike. Especially if the wedding date falls during peak season, booking transportation should happen as early as the booking of the Charleston event venue. Absolutely Charleston’s Old Charleston Trolley is a favorite among bridal parties!
5. Selecting Vendors– From planners to photographers, caterers to florists, and entertainment to décor the options can be overwhelming. Take time to decide what elements are most important to you and do not hesitate to share your concerns! These people will be with you every step of the way; you should feel comfortable with them and feel confident in their services.