Duvall Events was lucky enough to be contacted to help a corporate group from Boston plan a fabulous interactive Lowcountry evening with The Lee Bros. at The Wreck on Shem Creek that would help leave newcomers with an authentic Charleston experience they would never forget. From the clear top tent to the rustic rope pole covers, the shrimp boats to the ghost chairs and the linen hemstitch napkins to the speckleware we created an unbelievable event that will last for a lifetime! Check out more fabulous photos from the event here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/duvallevents/sets/72157637641145476/
Call us to book everyone’s favorite hometown brothers to cater your next event!
The Lee Brothers, Adventures in Charleston, and Duvall came together for a short and sweet cocktail party this week. Matt & Ted Lee joined the guests and chatted about their Charleston inspired recipes found in their cookbooks.
Guests enjoyed a Pousse-Rapière cocktail, a drink from their second book Simple Fresh Southern, and hors d’oeuvres made with local ingredients.
As Fall looms just around the corner, we’ve got our eyes set on refreshing yet earthy tea infused cocktails to help you fight through the Charleston September heat while bringing in some fresh Fall flavors. Check out this recipe below for a Royal Tea Gin Cocktail.
- 2 parts preferred Gin
- 2 parts brewed and chilled Earl Gray Tea
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Spoonful of sugar
- Lime wheels for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with lime wheels.
We had the pleasure of working on a gorgeous vintage inspired wedding this weekend at one of our favorite venues, Magnolia Plantation & Gardens!
Check out some of the lovely details below for some beautiful wedding inspiration!
Our decor department is gearing up for the season! Here’s a peek at what is inspiring them!
Here’s a sneak peak at a few of our special event details headed out the door this weekend…after all, beauty is always found in the details, isn’t it?
Housemade Giardiniera (Italian Pickled Vegetables) for an event gift.
Assorted artisan lettuce bouquets sourced for served dinners.
Coral roses for beautiful bridal floral.
A stunning dahlia the size of a head!
Happy Fourth of July week y’all! We’re all savoring the delicious bounty of South Carolina’s Summer produce and thought we’d share these 57 amazing peach recipes from Southern Living for all of your summer entertaining! Check out the recipe for Carolina Peach Sangria below!
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle rosé wine
- 3/4 cup vodka*
- 1/2 cup peach nectar
- 6 tablespoons thawed frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh raspberries**
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a pitcher; stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peaches and raspberries. Cover and chill 8 hours.
2. Stir in chilled club soda just before serving.
*Peach-flavored vodka may be substituted. Omit peach nectar.
**1 cup frozen raspberries may be substituted.
3 Tips to Make your Fall Event more Festive!
1. Fall is just around the corner and we’re craving caramel apples. Seriously tasty and adorable, these little bites could be a fun addition to the menu of your autumn affair.
2. Thinking more of a liquid twist to liven the party? Apple inspired cocktails will be a hit with your guests. A Sparkling Apple Signature Cocktail will be deliciously light while keeping with the flavors of the season.
Cognac Apple Sparkler
1 ounce apple juice
1/2 ounce cognac
1/2 ounce simple syrup
4-5 apple chunks
3 ounces champagne
3. When fall arrives, so does the harvest. Be inspired by the vibrant colors of the crops! You can also create unique and eye-catching displays using the vegetables and fruits of the season.