Valentine D.I.Y. Day #6 by: Abby Mertz – Décor Assistant
U Complete Me Pillows
These pillows are not only adorable but functional as well. Customize them with your favorite saying to make them special for you and your honey. Use them year round to add some love in your home. There’s no better day than February 14th to cuddle up with some cozy cushions!
These great pillows from Creature Comforts, make a great addition to any sofa or bed! The pillows are easy to make, just download the letters.
What you’ll need:
- Two pillowcases (light colors will work best)
- Iron-on Transfer Paper for light colored fabrics (tee-shirt transfer paper). Be sure that it is the correct type for your color printer. You will need two sheets.
- Color printer
- Iron (no steam)
- Print the PDF onto transfer paper. Cut out carefully around the text, leaving the letters attached with a small amount of the transfer paper. Be careful not to scratch the surface of your transfer paper while working. Note: the text will print backwards. It will read correctly when applied to your pillowcases.
- Lay your pillowcases out on a flat surface and line the words and letters up on your pillowcases with the paper-backing facing up (be sure that both sides of your text will line up to read correctly once the pillows are in use).
- To give yourself an easy guide for lining up the two sections of text simply fold pillowcases in half lengthwise and insert a pin to mark where the center is. A trick for ensuring that your text is straight before ironing is to fold the lower half of your pillowcase up to the center (where you inserted the pin). The bottom edge is now a nice straight guideline for you to arrange your words along.
- Arrange the letters approximately 2 inches away from the outside edge so that when the pillowcase is stuffed the text would still be visible. Once everything is straight, iron on your text following the directions for use, found inside your iron-on transfer paper packaging.
- Allow design to cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing the paper backing. For optimum usability and softness, wash before use.