Duvall Catering & Event Design fully supports sustainable and green practices in the workplace. Here are a few simple ways to make your event environmentally friendly:
- Arrange for proper transportation for out-of-town guests to reduce carbon footprint. Green Taxi of Charleston is leading the way in green navigation.
- Always monitor final guest count to minimize waste.
- Try to use candlelight as much as possible for energy efficiency.
- Always use real china, glassware, flatware and linens instead of disposable items. If venues do not allow glass, use compostable or recycled items.
- Have your wedding and reception in one location so the guests do not travel from one location to another.
- Use biodegradable stationary or recycled paper products for invitations and thank you cards. A well known company is Twisted Limb Paper.
- Try forgoing flower decorations all together because most florals are doused with chemicals. Instead try using non-floral arrangements such as pillar candles, faux crystals or even paper flowers for those do-it-yourselfers. Paper-Source.com has easy kits to get you started.